PACICC is pleased to sponsor and support the organization of a Forum for risk management professionals (Risk Officers) in the Canadian P&C industry to meet, discuss and share information on risk issues, emerging risks and risk management best practices. This support recognizes the role of effective risk management in mitigating financial risk and consequently insolvency risk.
To create and facilitate a P&C Risk Officer’s Forum to enhance enterprise risk management (ERM) within the Canadian P&C industry by:
- Discussing and sharing ERM best practices and benchmarks for the industry
- Reviewing and communicating topical ERM information with members and stakeholders
- Serving as consultative ERM resource for insurance regulators and PACICC
- Discussing major existing and emerging risks impacting the industry
- Providing members references and information to facilitate research on risks, ERM and related regulatory and governance topics
- PACICC’s P&C Risk Officer’s Forum membership is open to licensed insurers and reinsurers in Canada (Federal, Provincial or Territorial).
- Insurer and Reinsurer Members need not be a member of PACICC.
- An insurer or group may have more than one Member, as long as the Member has ERM responsibilities.
- CEOs, Chief Agents and Foreign Risk Officers can serve as Members if there is no other Canadian staff with ERM responsibilities.
- The Risk Officer’s Forum is overseen by an Advisory Committee of senior industry risk officers and an assigned PACICC Administrator
- The PACICC Administrator will also be the key contact for the Forum and the Advisory Committee.
- The Advisory Committee is chaired by one of the industry risk officers