TORONTO, ON — The Property and Casualty Insurance Compensation Corporation (PACICC) held its 34th Annual General Meeting on April 20 via BlueJeans Meetings videoconferencing. At the meeting, Member Insurers ratified a new slate of Directors. New to the 15-member Board, and serving as designated Insurer Members, are: Andy Taylor, President and Chief Executive Officer, Gore Mutual Insurance Company, and Marc Lipman, Deputy Regional Director, Americas, President, Lloyd’s Canada Inc. and Attorney-in-Fact for Lloyd’s Underwriters.
Independent Directors returning to the Board include:
- Glenn Gibson (Chair), President and CEO, The GTG Group and former CEO of Crawford Canada
- Penny Lee, former Senior Director, P&C Insurance Group, Insurance Supervision Sector, OSFI
- Anne-Marie Beaudoin, former Secretary General and Head, Access to Information and Privacy, AMF
- Timothy Hodgson, Chair of Hydro One and former CEO, Goldman Sachs Canada
- David MacNaughton, President, Palantir Canada and former Canadian Ambassador to the U.S.
- Dave Oakden, former Chief Actuary, OSFI
- Alister Campbell, President and CEO, PACICC (Ex Officio).
Other Member Insurer Directors returning to the Board include:
- Heather Masterson, President and CEO, Travelers Canada
- Silvy Wright, President and CEO, Northbridge Financial Corporation
- Christian Fournier, Executive Vice-President and Leader, Property and Casualty Insurance, Beneva
- Lisa Guglietti, EVP and COO, P&C Manufacturing, Co-operators Group Limited
- Jason Storah, CEO, Aviva Canada Inc.
- Mark Tullis, Vice Chair, Intact Financial Corporation.
Retiring from the Board is Lynn Oldfield, President and CEO, AIG Insurance Company of Canada. Said PACICC CEO Alister Campbell, “We thank Lynn Oldfield for her many years of dedicated service to PACICC. With the addition of Andy Taylor and Marc Lipman to our Board, PACICC has the necessary skills and resources in place to tackle a comprehensive modernizations agenda. The Corporation is well-positioned for continued success in the years ahead.”
PACICC is the industry-funded, non-profit resolution authority for Canada’s Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance industry. PACICC’s mission is to protect eligible policyholders from undue financial loss in the unlikely event that a Member Insurer becomes insolvent. The Corporation works to minimize the costs of insurer insolvencies and seeks to maintain a high level of consumer and business confidence in Canada’s P&C insurance industry through the financial protection it provides to policyholders.