PACICC is pleased to sponsor a Risk Officer’s Forum which brings together senior risk management professionals in the Canadian P&C industry to discuss current and emerging risk issues and risk management best practices. Effective risk management is key to mitigating financial risk and consequently insolvency risk.
To create and facilitate a P&C Risk Officer’s Forum to enhance enterprise risk management (ERM) within the Canadian P&C industry by:
- Discussing and sharing ERM best practices and benchmarks for the industry
- Reviewing and communicating topical ERM information with members and stakeholders
- Serving as consultative ERM resource for insurance regulators and PACICC
- Discussing major existing and emerging risks impacting the industry
- Providing members references and information to facilitate research on risks, ERM and related regulatory and governance topics
- PACICC’s P&C Risk Officer’s Forum membership is open to licensed insurers and reinsurers in Canada (Federal, Provincial or Territorial).
- Insurer and Reinsurer Members need not be a member of PACICC.
- An insurer or group may have more than one Member, as long as the Member has ERM responsibilities.
- CEOs, Chief Agents and Foreign Risk Officers can serve as Members if there is no other Canadian staff with ERM responsibilities.
- The Risk Officer’s Forum is overseen by an Advisory Committee of senior industry risk officers and an assigned PACICC Administrator
- The PACICC Administrator will also be the key contact for the Forum and the Advisory Committee.
- The Advisory Committee is chaired by one of the industry risk officers